Thursday, March 9, 2017

Cake

Today my mom, my mom's friend, and I made a cake for a surprise party. My mom's friend invited one hundred people so we had to make six cakes and that had its own complications because we don't have multiple ovens or a really big mixer so it took a few hours. Once we made the cakes we had to let them cool and for some reason the cakes sunk in the middle. I think it had to have been something with the ingredients but it was a family recipe from my moms friend so that seems plausible. For the decoration of the six cakes, they were all different sizes so we decided to make it into a train and write happy birthday on the larger cakes. We used lots of different colors to decorate the cake and in my opinion it looked liked a few third grades had fun adding as much frosting on as they could. Finally in the windows of the train we added shadows of people on the Train including the person who's birthday we are celebrating.

The cake was a carrot cake with cream cheese frosting.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! That sounds like it was a lot of fun. I remember holding a surprise party for my mom a few years ago. Great slice and I love the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look really good! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete