Thursday, March 2, 2017

The Dramatic Death of a Hamster

I have discovered that I am bad at taking care of animals. A few years ago my best friend went on a sabbatical to Spain. I was in charge of taking care of their pet hamster named Hammy. The first few months went very well. I learned that hammy liked to climb the side of his cage, sleep in a hole in the ground, and chew hair. The next month everything changed, Hammy started growing a tumor. We took him to the vet and called their family. My best friends family didn't want Hammy to get surgery or whatever would get rid of his tumor so we just watched it grow as we kept asking care of him. A month before my friend came back from Spain Hammy unfortunately died. We put him in a plastic container, even though I think that plastic isn't good to put in the ground. Then we had a funeral with another of our friends and buried him under the tree in my friend's backyard.

4 comments:

  1. Sad:( It's sweet that you had a funeral for him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that the funeral was a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww... I used to have hamsters, they also died (not from a tumor). I think I was pretty sad, but I might be hamming it up a bit...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about the hamster. How awful that it died while you we pet-sitting it although I don't think you're to blame for a tumor.

    ReplyDelete