Sunday, March 12, 2017

Practice

Today was a five hour practice for Our Town. I had so much fun. When we first started it was a little tough but then it got better. Everything looked so nice with the props, set, and background painted. Props to anyone who helped to paint the background. I was originally nervous for my solo part in the second act but when the time came I was so prepared and it felt right to me. I know that sounds weird but sometimes you are doing something and it just feels like the right thing to do. I had some best moments. First when Amelia threw the books down and broke one of them completely, the spine came off. Secondly, I loved that the choir sounded good. We only got one day to practice the song with Anita's help but we did really well today even though it was a little high pitched. Normally people who are in plays or musicals at our school suggest that you shouldn't go see it but I feel otherwise I think it looks really good and everyone has done a great job so I suggest that you buy tickets before they run out.

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, I agree. Though right now people complaining about auto-mo-biles wearing very modern shirts looks weird, it'll be great once we have costumes. And when we sing in a reasonable key where the melody can actually be heard. Oh, whatever. That's what tech is for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Props to anyone who helped paint the background"...

    ..



    .....


    Well Played. If that was unintentional then ignore this comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The book throwing is my favorite part of the show because I take out all of my rage :), didn't think it would break though...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so fun to be part of a creative effort like that and to be on a team with other people. Good luck with your production of "Our Town" and your part. I've always wanted to see/read Our Town but haven't yet.
    -Mrs. Sokolowski, 3rd grade teacher, NY

    ReplyDelete